– I was born in Ukraine and adopted by my parents out of a Ukrainian orphanage when I was 7 years old. I know I had siblings and I have a vague recollection of them but they went to different orphanages and I never saw them again.
– I was lucky to be adopted by incredibly loving parents both of whom are therapists, and I have lots of fun cousins close to my age. Every year all of my maternal aunts, uncles, and cousins get together for a week at the same NJ shore house which has been a tradition started by my grandfather many years ago and which I hope we always continue. Even my cousins from London fly in to be with the family every year.
– I played various sports growing up such as soccer
– My parents love to travel and I have been with them to Alaska, the Caribbean and many places in Europe, such as Great Britain, France and Italy, and all over the United States. My favorite place was Arizona, it was so incredibly beautiful.
– My favorite pet is my guinea pig, I had him for many years
– Both of my parents are therapists – my Mom works with veterans and specialized in treating post-traumatic syndrome and my Dad specializes in treating addictions such as drugs and alcohol. One of my aunts struggled with substance abuse all her life and I have seen how drinking and drugging ruined her life
– I graduated from High School in 2014 and I am currently attending Raritan Valley Community College while working at Chelsea Assisted Living. I enjoy working with the elderly. I was very close to my maternal grandfather and helped to take care of him when he became ill. I was devastated when he passed away a few months ago as he was still full of energy and enjoyed life to the fullest in his 90s.
– I love children and babies, and I am very good with them. I have done a lot of babysitting growing up and I would love to have my own daycare one day where all children feel loved and where they can do lots of fun artistic endeavors
– My passion is art. I have been drawing since I was very young and won 2 awards for drawing at local art shows.
Maya will run our Art/Craft/Photo contest.Submit a picture, sculpture, collage or photo portraying a person or a pet who is special to you, or a positive activity and get entered in our monthly and annual prize pool!