I am in my early tweens (ok, almost there!). My friends describe me as “funny, friendly, fierce and flexible” and I am – both mentally and physically! If you ask me one way to describe my philosophy of life I would say it is – “smiles and hugs over sad mugs.”
Here are some fun facts about me:
-Like my sister I model for Wilhelmina Modeling Agency. I am one of the models for the current Young Versace campaign.
– My hobby is also competing in pageants, and I like both dance based and interview based pageants. I like being on the stage and chatting with the judges and meeting other ambitious girls and all the glitz and glamour, too!
-Currently I am proud to represent Royal International Miss (RIM) pageant system as their 2015 Miss New Jersey Sweetheart. I am excited to be going to the RIM Nationals in July in Orlando, making new friends and enjoying Disney with my old pageant friends. Wish me luck! (But don’t say “Break a leg” – I hate that expression as I am wearing my very high heels for the evening gown competition and the stage has some stairs!)
At the Memorial Day Parade in Wayne, NJ!
At the New York Auto Show.
At the Blue Claws game with my sister queens!
Last year I was Miss New Jersey for Miss American Coed pageant and enjoyed doing community service and bonding with my fellow queens
– When I was a baby I had a dislocating elbow, also known as a nursemaid’s elbow, and every time it would dislocate I had to be taken to the emergency room to have it fixed. I am glad I grew out of it as I am very energetic and love to hang on the monkey bars. I love circus and would love to be in Cirque du Soleil one day!
– I am passionate about rhythmic gymnastics and enjoy the challenges of learning how to manipulate the hoop, ball, clubs, rope and ribbon, my favorite apparatus. Because flexibility is so important for gymnastics I stretch every day. Join me for my stretching challenge – email me a video of yourself stretching every day for a month and receive a prize!
– I grew up on the I-Pad and I love playing games on the computer. Reading is not as natural to me so my Mom reads with me every night and we have read most of the popular children’s book series such as Beezus and Ramona and Diary of a Wimpy Kid
– Shortly before my second birthday I was hospitalized with life threatening high fever for a week due to some rare virus that I contracted. For a week I had to be wrapped in frozen towels to lower my fever and have fluids pumped into me through the IV in my hand – which left a scar on my hand, a constant reminder of being lucky to be healthy today! After that ordeal in a hospital bed for a week I developed a phobia of white beds and for the longest time my Mom had to sleep with me on couches as I would freak out when I was placed on white sheets.
– One of my most favorite things to do is planning parties with my parents. We start planning our birthday parties a year ahead by picking a theme and creating games and picking up prizes.
– I am generally optimistic and fun loving and I love to goof off and clown around like my Dad, which sometimes drives my older sister Silvana crazy as she tends to be the serious one. But sometimes my passion for having fun gets me in trouble and makes me irresponsible. I also have a bit of a short temper which my mom tells me I need to learn to keep in check.
– Although both of my parents are therapists, I am actually the most positive person in the family, as I catch them and my big sister being real downers at times!
– When I grow up I would love to be a comedian because I love to make people laugh and smile. I am really good at making silly faces and imitating different accents. I spent a lot of time on YouTube watching my favorite comic skits and I will post links to my favorite ones here.
Here I am impersonating Audrey Hepburn as Miss Golightly from “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” movie. I like this dialogue from that movie:
-“You know those days when you get the mean reds?”
-“The mean reds, you mean like the blues?”
-“No. The blues are because you’re getting fat and maybe it’s been raining too long; you’re just sad, that’s all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you’re afraid and you don’t know what you’re afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? …
Like Miss Golightly in that movie I am more prone to “Mean Reds” while my sister Silvana tends to get “The Blues”. Hopefully you can all share the hues of your emotions with us in our chatroom!
Marjana runs our Comic/Humor contest – so submit your favorite joke, video, comic or anything that makes you laugh for a chance to win our prizes.